Saturday, January 7, 2012

Roasted Vegetables

When I'm cooking dinner, I always have to have the perfect compliments to my main dish.
Whether I'm cooking meat or fish, I'm always stressing about what sides I'm going to make.
Because let's face it, the sides are where it's at.

Something I love making that takes 2 seconds to get together is roasted vegetables.
You can roast so many different kinds depending on your flavor that day.


On this particular day, I found some baby carrots at the farmers market.
They looked so cute and cuddly, I just had to bring them home with me.
And then eat them.
Sorry cute, cuddly carrots, but my belly was yearning for you.



And I also got together some fingerling potatoes because, really, who doesn't love them a roasted potato.
No one I know.
And if you don't, then you're no friend of mine.
Just kidding... we can still be friends, but I'm not lying when I say I think differently of you now.
Get it together.
Potatoes rock.
Moving on...
So all I did here was split the little baby carrots and fingerling potatoes in half lengthwise.
Then I tossed them in olive oil and sprinkled them (liberally) with salt and pepper.

Roasted them on HIGH, like 450, for about 15- 20 minutes, until those bad boys come out looking a little like this:
Caramelized and golden and crispity and crunchity and deliciously perfect.
Perfect compliment to any side dish.
Trust.

2 comments:

  1. I feel like this post is for me. I'm sure it's not but I am pretending that it is. I'm roasting veggies tomorrow. I'm thinking red peppers, potatoes and carrots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You definitely were the inspiration for this one, Leah!

    ReplyDelete