Monday, January 2, 2012

Honey Buttermilk Bread

I've told you before about my friend who's an amazing baker... let's just call her S.
She and I are constantly knocking on each other's doors asking for ingredients we might be lacking and sharing recipes with each other.
Here is a recipe she turned me onto and I loved...
Honey Buttermilk Bread.
I am a huge fan of baking my own breads. It seriously is easy to do and it makes your entire house smell incredible.
And who doesn't love bread?
The kids love to help make bread, too.
The kneading and rolling and flouring. It's very kid friendly.
So you can make this into little rolls or bake it in a loaf pan, which is what I did.
It's sweet and savory and delicious.






This is what I turned it into, for dinner...


Bacon, egg, cheese, tomato and avocado sandwiches.
For dinner.
They were magnificent.
(For me, minus the bacon)

I'm pretty sure these pictures are speaking for themselves.
And making me (and you?) hungry for more...

That's why I love baking bread.
You can make ANYTHING your little heart desires with it.
And in this case, my heart was screaming for a breakfast sammy for din din.

Mmm Mmm good.

Recipe here!

No comments:

Post a Comment