Friday, January 20, 2012

6 Layer Rainbow Cake



I think this cake speaks for itself.
It's the most fun you can have baking a cake...
or the most frustrating.
I haven't decided yet.
But it's soooo worth it.
The reactions you will evoke when you cut into this baby are so worth the intensive labor process that it entails.
Well, I probably had so much work involved with this cake because I only have ONE 9 inch round pan.
That's right. I said one.
One itty bitty 9 inch round.
I mean, who only owns ONE cake pan.
How stupid.
I had to bake each layer
one.
by.
one.
Took me forever, but that doesn't mean it will take you forever.
My advice...
Get more than one 9 inch cake round.
Problem. Solved.
The colors are undeniably gorgeous and the cake is so much freaking fun that you will want to make it for any occasion.
Just pick one.
Doesn't matter which one it is.
Birthday, Christmas, Easter, Valentine's Day, 'I'm An Amazing Mom' Day, 'The Baby Slept Through The Whole Night' Day, 'I Am Craving Something Sweet and Beautiful' Day (and I don't mean David Beckham) ...
Really, the occasions are endless.
It's up to you.
Your choice.
You decide.
Just make it.
I'm telling you .
So. Much. Fun!
I used Whisk Kid's recipe and it was DEEEE.
That's short for delicious.
Well, it is now.
DEEEE I tell you.
Absolutely DEEEE.
*I made a simple buttercream frosting instead of the Meringue frosting that she used.

1 comment: