Sunday, January 22, 2012

Goat Cheese and Sun Dried Tomato Rosemary Focaccia

I've been on a bit of a goat cheese kick lately.
There are so many different things you can do with the milk of those lovely goats.
Besides the obvious of topping off some crusty bread with it, or putting it in your salads, I also use it in pastas as a 'cream' sauce.
I made this delicious pesto pasta with goat cheese cream sauce the other day and it was DIVINE.



But were not talking about that today.
Here we have some Mini Goat Cheese and Sun Dried Tomato Rosemary Focaccias.
Yes.
Focaccia.
AGAIN.
I can't help it.
The smell of dough ... rising and proofing.
Then the insanely mouthwatering smell of the bread baking in my house.
It's like a drug.
Almost better than that amazing 'volcano' candle they have over at Anthropologie that I want so bad but can't bring myself to spend a whopping $28 on.
I mean, really?
$28 for a candle?

I need to reconsider and just take the plunge on that already.
Volcano Candle.
I need your scent filling up my home.
One day soon.
You will be mine.

So, yeah.. the smell of freshly baked bread has that same effect on me.
DEE. LISH. OUS.
It's also a super fun way to pass the time with the kiddos.
They love making bread as much as I do.
It's a win win.

Here we have some delightful little... tartlets shall we call them?

Really, you can top these with anything your little heart desires.
It's up to you.
Feta and spinach would be good.
Roasted red peppers, goat cheese and sliced steak.
Roasted butternut squash and pesto.
Let your imagination run amok.
Get cray cray.


I topped mine with garlic, caramelized onions, rosemary, sundried tomatoes, fresh cracked pepper and goat cheese. Then I drizzled some more olive oil on each little round.
I baked them in a really high oven, about 475 to 500 for about 10 minutes, until they were golden and crispy.
I also like to put some cornmeal on the pan.
This helps the dough to move freely on the pan as well as adds a great crunchy texture to the bottom of your tartlets.

SO if you want to make these, here is my recipe for Focaccia bread.
I know bread making seems daunting, but trust me.
It isn't.
It's easy as pie.
Well, easy as mini tartlets anyway.
;)

No comments:

Post a Comment