Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Lobster Roll

First things first...
I was browsing through my previous posts and I'm pretty sure anyone who knows anything about photography is surely cringing at my sad photos.
I mean, I TRY and get a good picture, but they are all so inconsistent and not nearly as beautiful as I wish they could be.
(trying to find my natural light!!!)
I need to make a mental note to get to know my camera better so she will dress my pictures up a little prettier for Moma.

Anyways, this here is my very first lobster roll.
Not just because of the fact that I never buy lobster or because lobster is expensive and seems like a luxury reserved for only special occasions, but also because I always want to make something spectacular out of it when I do buy it.
I feel like if I put it in a pasta or chop it up and sandwich it between a roll is a waste of a luxurious ingredient.
But to be perfectly honest, it's probably the best way to enjoy this crustacean because it stretches my buck by chopping it and bulking it up with a few veggies.

I made this spread (below) for our Valentine's Day dinner and after we ate ourselves silly, we were distraught to see that we both didn't get to the much anticipated claw.
We were too stuffed (if that's possible) to finish our claw meat?
What's wrong with that sentence?
I know.
EVERYTHING... that's what.

Anyway, after I couldn't will myself to just stuff the claws down my hatch, I decided to let it go and save it for the next day.
And I knew exactly what I was going to do with it.

And that's how my ordinary Wednesday lunch became the most memorable at-home lunch I may have ever created.
It was a luxury this Moma never gets to experience.
Lobster for lunch?
While the kids are running circles around me?
Fighting and kicking each other, asking me to check to see if their bums are free and clear of the #2 they just got done laying down.
Yes.
In the midst of all that craziness, I was quietly and blissfully enjoying my lobster roll.
Bite.
For.
Bite.

It goes a little something like this....

Lobster Roll

1 Lobster, (I used only the claw and knuckle meat)
1-2 tablespoons mayo
1 stalk celery, finely chopped
A couple slices of red onion, finely chopped
1 1/2 teaspoons fresh dill, chopped
Salt and pepper

Mix it all together and slap it between your favorite roll.
I used the heel of the Honey Buttermilk Bread that I made the day before.
Get on it and get a little gourmet in your day! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment