Thursday, February 16, 2012

Sweetheart Sugar Cookies


How were your Valentine's Day treats lookin'?

Look what me and the kiddos whipped up!

These sweetheart cookies were some of the sweetest cookies I've ever made.
And I'm not talking just taste here.
Just look at 'em.
They're so cute!

The kids had a blast helping me decorate (and eat) all these cuties.
They helped come up with the sayings and got their fingers covered in icing.
It was such a fun time and their little belly's were sugar laden.

First I outlined the hearts with white icing and let that set.
Then we flooded the inside with different colors.
The more colors, the more elaborate the outcome.
After we let the colors dry, I went back and wrote on all of them.
That was the most fun.
You could put whatever you like on them.
Make them your own.
The kids liked the I heart U's, they came up with Sugar Pie and Cutie.
We gave these out to the kids' teachers, our mail lady and neighbors.
They all loved them so much and were so impressed by how professional they looked.
To be honest, so was I !

Homemade valentines for the boys' classes and cookies for the teachers.

The boys woke up Valentine's Day morning to their very own personalized cookie.
And what kid doesn't like waking up to a cookie for breakfast?
It's not everyday that we're eating sweets in the morning, but that's why it was so special for them.
Special day, special treat.
They loved it.

My personal favorite ...
tres chic.

It just looks fabulous, no?
I glamorized a cookie.
I had to do it.
And then I ate it.

You can make these for your sweetheart next Valentine's Day.
Or why wait til then?
Make them today!
They will LOVE them.

Alton Brown's Sugar Cookie recipe is the one I love to use all the time.
He's literally a food genius and I trust his recipes.
Not to mention it's really easy and quite delicious.

I used a corn syrup icing which sets and hardens the icing so much better than without it.
I rarely use corn syrup but trust me, this will make your cookies shiny and gorgeous.

No comments:

Post a Comment