Friday, December 2, 2011

Cinnamon Pull Apart Bread

I recently joined Pinterest thanks to a few of my girlfriends telling me about it.
Normally, I'm always out of the loop with anything having to do with social media.
But Pinterest I am loving.
[you can follow me... just click the button ---> ;)]
Anyway, one recipe that I kept seeing over and over again on there was this one for a Cinnamon Pull Apart Bread.
It sounded so good and I'm a HUGE fan of cinnamon, so I couldn't pass it up.
This recipe is one of those that takes a classic recipe and simplifies it just a little.
It tastes like a cinnamon roll but it is baked in a loaf pan and pulls apart when it's all baked and done.
Delicious doesn't even begin to describe this 'bread'.
And really, what's not to love about your house filling with the intoxicating scent of cinnamon.


I had my little pseu chef helping me out this AM.
He loves to help in the kitchen.
Incidentally, he also loves to make a mess in the kitchen.
So, it works out for him.
Me, not so much.
But I do love having him help me out!
There was a ton of sugar and cinnamon to spread around the dough.

And he loved getting right in there and shmearing it all around.
What?
Haven't you ever heard of schmearing?
It's a technical term...
look it up.

The picture above is what this beauty looked like before going into the oven.

And this lovely lady is the 'after' shot. Can't you just SMELL the cinnamon through your screen?


It gets all puffed and delicious and crispy on top...

And gooey and soft and doughy in the middle.
It's this wonderful texture of soft and crunchy.

It is definitely going to be making an appearance at my house on Christmas morning...
and maybe even before that.
It's just too good!

You can find the recipe from Joy the Baker here.

No comments:

Post a Comment